BOOKS & CHAPTERS published by Director Prof Jaya S.Tyagi ( Department of History)
- Tyagi, J., (2014), Contestation and Compliance, Retrieving Women's 'agency' from Puranic Traditions, Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
- 'The Question of Women's Agency: Women, Work and Domesticity in Early Textual Traditions' Chapter published in Book- Women and Work, Ed. Vijaya Ramaswamy, Sage Publishers: New Delhi, 2016, pp. 65-87.
- 'The dynamics of the Early Indian Household: Conjugality, Domesticity, Patronage and Propriety in Textual Traditions' Research Paper in Kumkum Roy edited, Looking Within, LookingWithout: Exploring Households in the Subcontinent Through Time, Essays in Memory Chof Nandita Prasad Sahai, Primus: New Delhi, November, 2014.
- 'Prologue by Jaya Tyagi', Research Paper published innew edition of R.S.Sharma's Early Medieval Indian Society, A Study in Feudalization, Orient Blackswan: New Delhi, 2014.
- 'Reconstructing the Social Histories of the PurÄá¹‡as: Kings and Wives as Upholders of Propriety in the MatsyamahÄpurÄá¹‡a' Research Paper in D.N Jha edited, The Complex Heritage of Early India, Essays in Memory of R.S.Sharma, Manohar: New Delhi, 2014.
- 'Gender and Society' Chapter in Jaya S. Tyagi and Shankar Kumar ed., Indian History and Culture, Ratna Sagar and University of Delhi, 2013.
- 'Cultural Forms and Expressions' co-authored Chapter in Jaya S.Tyagi and Shankar Kumar ed., Indian History and Culture, Ratna Sagar and University of Delhi, 2013.
The Book Launch held by the WSDC
The WSDC held a function to launch the book, Locating Gender in the New Middle Class in India at India International Centre on 9th May, 2017.
Book – Release
Locating Gender in the New Middle Class in India
Panellists-(from Left) Prof. Ratna Sudarshan, Prof. Ravinder Kaur, Prof. Bharati Baveja with moderator Dr. Manjeet Bhatia.
- Bhatia, Manjeet. (ed. 2017), Locating Gender in The New Middle Class In India, Institute of Advanced Study, Rashtrapati, Niwas, Shimla
- Vij, Madhu, Manjeet Bhatia, Shelly Tara. (ed. 2014) Women's Studies in India: a Journey of 25 Years, Rawat Publications, Jaipur.
- Chaturvedi, Vibha and Nilima Shrivastava. (2010) Girl Child: Changing Perceptions, in collaboration with the Women Press Delhi. (Two Volumes).
- Bhatia, Manjeet (Co.ed. 2008) Gender Concerns in South Asia: Some Perspectives, Rawat Publications.
- Lal, Malashri (2005), At Home and The World, Indian Council of Cultural Relations, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Lal, Malashri, (et. al., 2004), Signifying The Self: Women and Literature, New Delhi: Macmillan.
- Aggarwal, Nomita. (2002), Women and Law in India: a friendly guide to a complex judicial system. Prepared by WSDC and edited by Pooja Ahluwalia and Sandeep Sury.
- Kaushik, Susheela. (Revised edition1996), Panchayati Raj in Action: Challenges to Women's Role , Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, New Delhi.
- Kaushik, Susheela. (ed. 1993), Women's Participation in Politics under the auspices of Indian Association for Women's Studies and published by Vikas Publishing House, Delhi.
- Kaushik, Susheela. (1993), Family and Rights of Girl Child - based on the report of Centre's project 'Girl Child and Family'. HarAnand, Delhi.
- Bhatia, Manjeet. (2017),Co authored. 'New Meanings Of Motherhood In Globalizing Middle Class Homes In India', in Locating Gender in The New Middle Class In India, IIAS, Shimla.
- Bhatia, Manjeet. (2017) UGC Pathshala, Women's Studies, – (Two sections: Concept of Citizenship , Gender and Citizenship) of the module Gender And Citizenship.
- Bhatia, Manjeet. (2016) UGC Pathshala, Women's Studies-A module on Women and Issues of Culture: Religion and Ideology, Some cases – Shah Bano, Roopkanwar.
- Bhatia, Manjeet (2014) Co-authored. 'Interventions to Tackle Domestic Violence In India and The United Kingdom', in Women's Studies in India: a Journey of 25 Years, MadhuVij, (et.al), Rawat Publications, Jaipur.
- Tyagi, Jaya. (2014) 'The dynamics of the Early Indian Household: Conjugality, Domesticity, Patronage and Propriety in Textual Traditions' in, Looking Within, Looking Without: Exploring Households in the Subcontinent Through Time, Essays in Memory of Nandita Prasad Sahai, Kumkum Roy( ed.), Primus: New Delhi.
- Bhatia, M. (2014) 'Gender Inequality' in Women's Studies in India: A Journey of 25 Years, Madhu Vij, (et.al), Rawat Publications, Jaipur.
- Vij, Madhu (2014) 'Microfinance and Gender Equality: A Myth or a Reality'. In Women's Studies in India: A journey of 25 Years. Madhu Vij, (et.al), Rawat Publications, Jaipur
- Bhatia, M., (2008), 'Violence a norm Against Women in South Asia',Gender Concerns in South Asia: Some Perspectives, Manjeet Bhatia, (et.al.), Rawat Publications, Jaipur, India.
- Bhatia, Manjeet. & RidhimaTewari, (2017) ' Migrant-Women at the Mall: Understanding Empowerment and Habitus,' VEETHIKA-An International Interdisciplinary Research Journal, 43-53.
- Saurav, S. (2016). 'Mahilawo ki Bhumika me Badlao' in Des Haryana, Issue no. 8, ISSN No- 2454-6879.
- Saurav, S. (2016). 'Haryana me Dalit Streeyoke Sath Yaunik Hinsha' in Des Haryana, Issue no. 4, ISSN No- 2454-6879.
- Tewari, R. (2015) 'A Question is ProducedManto, Problematisation, Partition', Muse India, Issue62, July-August.
- Tewari, R. (2015) 'In Search of Kristeva's Imaginary Fa(Mo)ther: A Study of Love, Desire and Christianity through some Renaissance Images', Muse India, Issue 64, October .
- Tewari, R. (2014) 'Why Helen Cixous's Medusa Laughs and how Maya Angelou's Caged Bird Sings' Contemporary Discourse, Volume-5, Issue-II.
- Baveja, Bharati (2014) 'Situating Teacher Education in Indian Context: A Paradigm shift', in Foundations and Applications of Indian Psychology, pp. 314—324 Pearson.
- Baveja, B. (2014) 'Understanding the Cultural Situatedness of Learning: Implications for pedagogy'. The International Journal of Pedagogy and Curriculum. Vol 20, pp: 19-32.
- Bhatia, M. (2013), 'Perspectives on Women's Studies from India: Strengths, Struggles and Implications of Programs',Journal of International Women's Studies, 14(3), 194-209.
- Pandey, Shelly (2013) 'Consumer Agency of Urban Women in India', In Consumer Culture, Modernity and Identity, Neeta Mathur, (ed), Sage, New Delhi.
- Bhatia, M. (2012), 'Domestic Violence in India: Cases Under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005', South Asia Research, SOAS , London,32(2), Sage.
- Tara, Shelly. (2011), 'Private Space in Public Transport: Locating gender in the Delhi Metro'. Economic Political Weekly, XLVI (51), 71-74.
- Bhatia, M. (2008), 'Women and Belongingness Based on Film Khamosh Pani' ,The Journal, X,(1)March. (Psychological Foundation Trust, New Delhi, Registration no. 71123/99)
- Shrivastava, Nilima. (2005), 'Women and Drugs: A Reality Under Veil', Vikasini, December.
- Anand, Meenu. (2005), 'HIV AIDS – A Gender Perspective', Social Welfare, December, Vol. 19, No. 7.
- Anand, Meenu. (2005), 'Indian Legal Framework to Combat Female Foeticide', Legal News and Views, September, Vol. 19, No. 9.
- Anand, Meenu (2005), 'Women and Human Rights', Legal News and Views, July, Vol. 2 Issue 3.
- Anand, Meenu (2005), 'Women's Reproductive Health', Social Welfare, April Vol. 52, No. 01.
- Mall A Gendered Space, WSDC, University of Delhi, 2016.
- Gender and Decision Making Power in the Public Arena: A Comparative Study of India and Sri Lanka, 2014.
- Marriage, Autonomy and Engendered Violence: A study of North West India, WSDC, University of Delhi, 2014.
- Domestic Violence: A study with Special Reference to Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act,2005, WSDC, Delhi University, 2010
- Gender in School Education- Curriculum and Practices: A Comparative Study of India and Sri Lanka, 2009-10.
- Gender Audit of Delhi University , WSDC, 2010.
- Strategies To Operationalise Legislation on Domestic Violence Against Women: India and United Kingdom, WSDC, University of Delhi and Law Department, University of Warwick, 2007
- Assessment of Attitudinal Difference towards Girl Child in Selected Districts of North India, WSDC, University of Delhi, 2005-09
- Socio-Legal Study of the Issue of Domestic Violence with Special Reference to PWDV Act, 2005, WSDC, University of Delhi, 2009.
- Developing Indian Perspectives on Feminist Theory and Methodology, WSDC, University of Delhi , 2005.
- Tenth Lok Sabha Elections: Study of Two Constituencies – Hapur-Ghaziabad and South Calcutta, sponsored by National Commission for Women, WSDC, University of Delhi, 1996 .
- Women and the Population Issues, sponsored by UNICEF, WSDC, University of Delhi , 1995.
- Child Labour among Girls, sponsored by Ministry of Labour, Government of India, WSDC, University of Delhi, 1994.
- Rehabilitation of the Children of Prostitute, sponsored by Ministry of Welfare, Govt. of India, WSDC, University of Delhi, 1993.
- Girl Child and Family, sponsored by Department of Women and Child Development, Government of India, WSDC, University of Delhi,1993.
- A Briquette from Coffee Waste, a project sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, com WSDC, University of Delhi,1992.
- Women in Politics: Regional Cross-Cultural Research, a Project sponsored by UNESCO, Bangkok, WSDC, University of Delhi, 1989.
- Pilot Project on the Role of Women in Freedom Struggle in India, sponsored by Indian Council of Historical Research, New Delhi, WSDC, University of Delhi, 1988.
- Bhatia, M, (2017), The Great India Phone Book: How the Cheap Cell Phone Changes Business, Politics, and daily Life, A. Doron& R. Jeffery, Harvard Press, Intersections: Gender and Sexuality in Asia Pacific, http://intersections.anu.edu.au/issue40_contents.html.
- Bhatia, M. (2014),New South Asian Feminisms: Paradoxes and Possibilities, Srila Roy (editor) Intersections: Gender and Sexualityin Asia Pacific, vol, 36, October.ISSN 1440 9151 http://intersections.anu.edu.au/issue36/bhatia_review.htm
- Bhatia, M. (2013),9 Degrees of Justice: New Perspectives on Violence against Women in India,Bishkha Datta (ed.). Intersections: Gender and Sexuality in Asia Pacific, vol,32, July. ISSN 1440 9151
- Pandey, Shelly (2013), Working the Night Shift: Women in India’s Call Center Industry, author- Reena Patel, Publisher-Orient Blackswan. Intersections: Gender and Sexuality in Asia and the Pacific Issue 30, November 2012.
- Pandey, Shelly (2013) manuscript for publication in Journal- Ethnography, Sage.
- Pandey, Shelly (2013), South Asian Feminisms by Ania Loomba and Ritty A. Lukose, Duke University Press. Intersections: Gender and Sexuality in Asia and the Pacific Issue 33.